School of Law, CHRIST (Deemed to be University), proudly announces the organisation of its paramount event, 1st Surana & Surana- School of Law, CHRIST International Investment & Arbitration Moot Court Competition, 2018, in association with Professional Partner, Surana & Surana International Attorneys, Chennai, from 16th-19th August, 2018.
- AIM & PURPOSE
The 1st Surana & Surana – School of Law, CHRIST International Investment & Arbitration Moot Court Competition has been conceived with the aim of creating awareness on the law of International Investments in a systematic/ scientific manner and train participants for effective practice. It also aims at facilitating the evolution of investment law through the jurisprudential and comparative analysis of the existing law and the consequential emergence of new.
- VENUE & DATE
The 1st SURANA & SURANA – SCHOOL OF LAW, CHRIST INTERNATIONAL INVESTMENT & ARBITRATION MOOT COURT COMPETITION shall be held from 16 - 19 August 2018 at School of Law, CHRIST (Deemed to be University), Hosur Road, Bengaluru – 560 029. Dr Somu CS, Associate Dean & Head of the Department, School of Law will be the National Administrator.
- The Competition shall be in English language.
The competition is open for students who are studying LLB three year or five year course during the current academic year and interested in International Investment Law & Arbitration and who belong to institutions that have been invited.
- TEAM COMPOSITION
- Each team should consist of 3 members. This number cannot be modified under any circumstances.
- There shall be 2 speakers and 1 researcher designated for each team. The researcher shall be allowed to argue with prior permission of the Tribunal and National Administrator in case of illness of the designated speakers.
- Each team will be provided a team code during orientation. Teams should not disclose the identity of their institution; such disclosure shall invite penalties including disqualification. The decision for the same shall be at the discretion of the National Administrator.
- Online registrations are open from 4 July 2018. The teams must register online by 20 July 2018. Teams will have to register online at moot.in.
- Participants will receive an automated system generated acknowledgement on successful submission of registration. Participants will receive an approval as acceptance of their request for participation latest by 22 July 2018 10:00 PM or earlier.
- A scanned copy of the letter from the participating college/ institution/ university duly signed by any one of the following :- Faculty-in-charge of MCS/MCC/MCA, Registrar, Principal, Dean, Director, Chancellor or Vice-Chancellor confirming the names of participants, Year/ semester in which studying, representing the college/ institution / university for the moot competition will have to be attached during the online registration process (The approval letter shall be formatted on the letterhead of the participating institution/ university alternatively you may use the registration form as appended below as page 9 with the official seal.)
- Registrations without the scanned copy of the approval letter from the college/ institution/ university or duly attested registration form will not be valid.
- The registration fees of Rs. 6000/- to be paid in the form of DD drawn in favour of ‘The Faculty Co-ordinator, Moot Court Society, School of Law, CHRIST (Deemed to be University), Bengaluru.’
- Registration particulars such as soft copy and scanned copy of DD should be sent by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org marked as THE 1st SURANA & SURANA – SCHOOL OF LAW, CHRIST INTERNATIONAL INVESTMENT & ARBITRATION MOOT COURT COMPETITION 2018 as subject of the mail latest by 23 July 2018.
- Winner – Trophy + Rs. 50,000/-
- Runner up – Trophy + Rs. 30,000/-
- Best Memorial (Claimant) - Trophy + Rs. 5000/-
- Best Memorial (Respondent) - Trophy + Rs. 5000/-
- Best Speaker – Trophy + Rs. 5,000/-
- Spirit of Surana – Trophy
All participants shall be issued participation certificates.
- Start of Online Registration: 4 July 2018
- Last date for Online Registration: 20 July 2018
- Approval of acceptance of Registration: 22 July 2018
- Last date for receiving copies of Reg. Form / Approval letter & Last date for seeking Clarifications: 23 July 2018
- Release of clarifications & Team Codes: 27 July 2018
- Submission of Travel form: 8 August 2018
- Last Date for Submission of Memorials One Hard Copy (both claimant and respondent) & Soft Copy by email: 12 August 2018
- Orientation & Submission of Memorials (Five Hard Copies): 16 August 2018
- Prelims / Octa-finals / Quarter-finals/ Semi-finals: 17 – 18 August 2018
- Finals, Valediction & Prize distribution: 19 August 2018
Any clarifications for the competition can be sought from:
Regarding Queries on Case/ Submission of Memorials/ Accommodation/ Transport/ etc.
- Dr Shiju M V
Moot Court Society School of Law
CHRIST (Deemed to be University)
Phone No. 9899703105
Hosur Road, Bengaluru-560029
- Dr S Ravichandran
Advocate & Head, Academic Initiatives
Surana & Surana International Attorneys
Moot Court Coordinator
Ph: 044 – 2812 0000, Fax: 91-44-28120001
- Mithel Reddy R: +91-9632983839
- Shilpa Sai: +91-9663824904
- Keerthana Nagaraj +91-7899929191
Moot Proposition: http://www.moot.in/moot1/case_documents/47/casedata.pdf