The Two Day International Seminar on Enforcement Trends of Arbitral Awards intends to look at matters from an analytical lens and understand the practical implications of legal developments in the area of international commercial arbitration.
The Seminar will invite presentations and papers on the following themes:
1. International Commercial Arbitration: Issues and challenges
2. Domestic legal framework on commercial Arbitration: Recent developments, issues and challenges, comparative perspectives
3. Challenging a foreign arbitral award in domestic courts: Law and Procedures
4. Enforcement of foreign arbitral award: Process, issues and trends
5. Distinction and similarities in the enforcement trends of arbitral awards in common and civil law countries.
6. International investment arbitration: Framework and challenges
7. Bilateral Investment Treaties and Arbitration: Developments, issues and challenges.
8. Impact of changes to Arbitration law on foreign arbitral awards and enforcement
Who Can Attend: All interested legal practitioners, arbitrators, academicians, research scholars, solicitors, attorneys, advocates and students are invited to submit papers and participate in the seminar.
Abstract Submission: 25th May, 2018
Communication for Acceptance of Abstract: 30th May, 2018
Submission of Full Length Papers: 15th July, 2018
Last Date for Registration: 5 th June, 2018
Date of Seminar: 27th and 28th July 2018
Submissions - Details and Guidelines: Abstracts of not more than 500 words, for original researched papers on the above mentioned themes are invited. Authors of shortlisted abstracts shall be required to send their full length papers. Authors of accepted papers shall have the privilege of presenting their paper at this seminar. Papers of outstanding quality shall be published. There can be maximum only one Co-author. The full length research papers in case of short articles should be 3500 â?? 5000 words (inclusive of foot notes), and around 8000 words (inclusive of foot notes) in case of long articles. Potential contributors are required to adhere to a uniform mode of citation (20th edition of The Bluebook: A Uniform System of Citation is recommended). Abstracts and papers should be submitted as Word documents, with a covering letter containing the name and designation of the author(s), and should be emailed to the email addresses listed below. After peer review, select papers/articles will be published by NLSIU.
Registration Charges: Seminar Registration: Rs 6000/- per author / per participant. [NonResidential]
Last Date for Registration for participants and paper presenters: 5 th June, 2018
Registration fee covers the following: Admission to all sessions, Conference material, Tea/Coffee and lunch during the designated breaks for the duration of the conference.
Registration fees may be paid by DD drawn in favour of National Law School of India University and sent along with the Registration Form attached herewith or through NEFT transfer, as per the bank details given. Once the NEFT is done, the participant/s must send the BANK TRANSACTION ID to Susheela@nls.ac.in.