The North Eastern Hill University is organising Second National Moot Court Competition, 2018 which is scheduled for 4th - 6th October in Shillong, Meghalaya - 793022.
The Department of Law North Eastern Hill University (NEHU), Shillong is one of the leading law schools of the North-Eastern part of the country. It is a great pleasure to share with you that our previous Moot Court Competition was a major success and we seek your participation from your esteem college for our Second Edition.
The Moot participation is based on first come first serve. The interested students must apply by the 10th September, 2018.
Undergraduate students pursuing three or five year courses of LL.B. degree in the academic year 2017-2018 from any Law School/College/University recognized by the Bar Council of India shall be eligible to participate.
1. The registration fee for the competition is Rs. 1,000/-
2. All teams participating in the competition shall register themselves through payment of registration fee by either E-Transfer (NEFT) or by Demand Draft and subsequent e-mail of soft copy of registration form and proof of payment, to email@example.com.
3. The demand draft of Rs.1, 000/- shall be drawn in favor of HEAD DEPARTMENT OF LAW NEHU.
4. E-transfer of registration fee can be done using NEFT, in favor of:-A/C No. 36311860435 (04295) NEHU Branch, FSC - SBIN0004295.
5. Formal registration of the teams shall be done on October 4th, 2018 at the venue of the competition at 09:00 A.M, and teams shall submit the hard copy of their Registration Form, Demand Draft and their memorials at that time.
6. No subsequent change in the team composition shall be permitted.
7. Registration forms/ Demand draft/ E-Transfer received after deadlines shall in no case be considered for registration.
1. The Winning Team shall receive a Prize Money of Rs. 30,000 along with the Winning trophy and Winner's Certificate.
2. The Runners Up team shall receive a Prize Money of Rs.20,000 and along with Runners Up trophy and Certificate.
3. The Best Speaker shall receive a Prize Money of Rs.5000 along with trophy and certificate.
4. The team preparing the best Memorial shall receive a Prize Money of Rs.5000 along with trophy and certificate.
5. The Best Researcher shall receive a Prize Money of Rs.5000 along with trophy and certificate.
6. The Best Speaker will be determined by the highest score of all rounds that the contestant has argued divided by the number of rounds.
7. The Best Researcher will be determined by the highest score from the Researchers test.
8. All the participants will get certificates of participation and the "Winning Team" and the "Runner-Up Team" will get certificates of Merit.
9. Participation certificates and other awards will only be given to the participants in the Valedictory Ceremony. The University would not courier the certificates. Hence, it is mandatory for all the participants to attend the Valedictory Ceremony.
· Release of Moot Proposition: 27th August, 2018
· Last Date for Online Registration: 10th September, 2018
· Last date to seek clarification on the moot proposition: 13th September, 2018
· Release of clarification on the moot proposition: 15th September, 2018
· Last date for submission of memorials: 23rd September, 2018
· Formal Registration: 4th October, 2018
· Oral Rounds: 4th-6th October, 2018
1. Reuben A. Najiar: 9774060991
2. Barnesswell Sadd: 8259091815
3. Sonia Langstieh: 7085852454
4. Prakriti Ambasht: 9774969144
5. Anis Kharsohum: 8575872791
6. Banmankhraw Lyndoh: 7005668452
7. Melamshuwa Allya: 8787597665
8. Mesanio Dkhar: 9862269209
Dr. Naveen Kumar: 9436307442