Details of the events:
‘Centre of Excellence for Women, Child and the Law’ @ IFIM LAW SCHOOL, in association with Juris Law Offices, Delhi is organising ‘Feminae Empoderamiento’ – National Legal Drafting Competition 2018. As the part of the competition the participants are expected to draft a ‘BILL’ on any one of the topics mentioned below.
- THE HEINOUS CRIMES BILL, 2018
- CHILD NEGLECT (PREVENTION AND PROTECTION) BILL, 2018
- THE UNIFORM CIVIL CODE, 2018
- THE COMPENSATORY SURROGACY (REGULATION) BILL, 2018
The event is open to all law students pursuing Post-graduation (LL.M) /Graduate Degree (either pursuing 3 years or 5 years Law Course/s from any recognised University or Legal Institution) within the territory of India.
Students pursuing Law at post-graduation level are eligible to draft Bill on the topics contemplated either in Sl No. 2 or 3.
Students pursuing Law at graduate level are eligible to draft Bill on any one of the topics contemplated above.
Number of Participants: One team per college (Maximum 03 and Minimum 02)
Participation Fee: Rs. 2000/-
- Each team must register with the CEWCL by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The mail shall contain the following;
- name of the participants,
- name of the institution/organisation/Office and
- year of study/experience
- a scanned copy of institutional/organisational identity card.
- Teams are requested to send their first soft copy of the E-draft (800-1000 words) on or before 15th Aug 2018.
- Short listed teams for Final round presentation will be announced on 15th Aug 2018.
- Qualified teams for final rounds need to submit their soft copy of the E- Draft Bill on or before 15th Aug 2018.
- Hard copy of the E-draft shall reach the organising committee on or before 17th Sept 2018.
- They need to present their draft before the Selection Committee on the day of the event.
- The marks awarded by the Selection Committee shall be final and binding on the participants. No further Appeal shall be entertained in this manner.
- Accommodation can be arranged on special request and on payment of extra money.
- The draft (Prelims and/or final) shall be based on the following themes. Some of the themes out of the legal box are listed keeping in mind the present scenario.
The best draft from each theme shall be published on the IFIM Law School website and shall also be forwarded to the concerned statutory department for their kind perusal. The prizes are as follows,
- The Best team – cash prize of Rs. 7,000/- and certificates
- The Runner up team – cash prize of Rs. 5,000/- and certificates
- The Second runner up team – cash prize of Rs. 3,000/- and certificates.
- All the other participants (final round) will receive ‘Certificate of Participation’ and the representative colleges will receive memento as a ‘token of gratitude’.
- Preliminary registration of the teams: 15th Aug, 2018
- Submission of first E- draft: 15th Aug, 2018
- Communication of acceptance of first E- draft On or before: 15th Aug, 2018
- Registration of team for final rounds (payment) On or before: 18th Aug, 2018
- Submission of final E- draft: 15th Sept, 2018
- The Hard copy of final draft: 15th Sept, 2018
- Date of event 27th and 28th September, 2018
Further queries, please contact the Organising Committee:
- Shagufta Anjum, Faculty Convener: 9886294397
- Manju Shri. V, Student Convener: 9738483409
- Sai Prasad Student Co-ordinator & Campus Ambassador Juris Law Offices, New Delhi
- T S S Vaishnavi, Student Convener: 7259384097