With an objective to raise the standards of Clinical Legal Education in India, the GD Goenka University, School of Law announces G D Goenka - ClArb (India) International Commercial Arbitration Competition, 2018 from October, 26-28, 2018. .
Moot Court Competitions, which is a mandatory part of law curriculum in our law school offers a practical and application-based approach to learning of law. It gives the law students, the necessary free space to interpret and analyze legal provisions in the context of a given legal regime, while trying to solve a practical problem. The GDGU School of Law is dedicated to promote this aspect of legal training for ensuring a wholesome legal education and the GD Goenka -CIArb Arbitration Competition is an endeavor of the School of Law in this direction.
G D Goenka- CIArb Arbitration Competition is based on International Commercial Arbitration Law Regime. India is a progressive and developing nation promoting fair, competitive and innovative trade practices and creating a healthy environment in national and international market for consumer welfare and economic growth. This competition theme shall allow the participants to analyze the weak policy structures in the domestic implementation of international concerns. It further seeks to provide a gateway to reflect on solutions for similar disputes globally.
1. The Competition shall be open for 'bona fide' students who are pursuing an integrated 5 year LL.B. Programme or 3 year LL.B Programme or any graduation or postgraduation in which law is been taught as major subject from an institute/university in India & outside India . Such institution must be recognized by the Bar Council of India or any law recognizing statutory body in specific country.
2. Only one team can register from a particular law school/ College/ Institution/University to participate in the Competition.
1. The registration of team is considered to be complete, once the registration fee is paid and the registration form is e- mailed with all necessary details.
2. Registration fees once paid will not be refunded.
3. Each team registered under the Rules shall be allotted a unique code. Once the unique code have been allotted, participants must use the respective team code for any further communication with the Organizers during the course of the Competition.
4. The participating teams are supposed to refer the REGISTRATION FORM for the purpose of their registration.
· Final date for Registration: August 31st, 2018
· Submission of the soft copy of memorials: November, 16th,2018
· Final date for Submission of memorials with penalty: November 20th, 2018
· Date of Competition: November 30- December 2, 2018
TIME, DATE & VENUE
1. The G.D. GOENKA-CIArb (India) INTERNATIONAL COMMERCIAL ARBITRATION COMPETITION, 2018, shall be held during November, 30th - December, 2nd, 2018.
2. Venue: G.D. Goenka School of Law, G.D. Goenka University, Sohna Gurgaon Road, Sohna, Gurgaon, Haryana 122103.
· Winning Team : Rs. 1,00,000(INR)
· Runner up Team :Rs. 50,000 (INR)
· Best Speaker (Male) :Rs. 20,000 (INR)
· Best Speaker (Female) :Rs. 20,000(INR)
· Best Memorial :Rs. 10,000 (INR)
(Faculty Advisors) Moot Court Committee School of Law GD Goenka University
· Mr. Shreyas Vyas: 7693015323
Mr. Pankaj Avasthi: 7665555582