The Institute of Legal Studies and Ma. Kanshi Ram Shodh Peeth, Ch. Charan Singh University, Meerut jointly organizing a two days National Seminar on "Electoral System in India: Present Scenario & Prospects" on August 18-19, 2018.
1. To analyze the role of Election Commission in conducting elections in India.
2. To study and analyze the impact of One nation One election policy in India.
3. To critically examine the role of Anti Defection Law of India.
4. To ponder over the various challenges against free and fair election in modern India.
5. To analyze the impact of new techniques and proposed techniques adopted in election procedure in India.
Sub themes identified from discussion are as follows-:
1. Constitution and functions of Election Commission of India.
2. One Nation One Election.
3. Efficacy and Efficiency of anti defection Laws.
4. Challenges against free and fair elections.
5. Relevance of the Representation of the People Act 1951.
6. Communalism, Casteism, Capitalism, Regionalism and Electoral System
7. Evolving techniques of voting, EVM, E- voting etc.
8. NOTA, Right to Reject and Recalling of Representatives.
9. Application of Information Technologies in Electoral Reform Process.
Note-The above sub-themes are illustrative and good papers on somewhat allied issues may also be considered in accordance with the overall theme of the seminar.
Abstract and Paper Submission:
Abstract should be of 300 words including key words. The details of the authors should be submitted latest by August 10, 2018. All the abstracts would be reviewed by expert team, the decision of which will be notified by email on August 12, 2018. Full papers in the range of 3000 to 5000 words to be submitted till August 16, 2018. Abstracts/Papers submitted to the Seminar must be original. The authors are requested to submit the abstract and full papers through e-mail attachment in MS word format to firstname.lastname@example.org
· Last date of Abstract submission: 10-08-2018
· Abstract acceptance to be notified by email: 12-08-2018
· Last date of full paper submission: 16-08-2018
We will be publishing the quality reviewed papers as a part of the book.
Registration Fee (Rs.)
· Teachers/ Academicians / Advocates: 700
· Research Scholars & Students: 400
(Registration fee includes modest local hospitality including seminar kit, tea, lunch etc. during the seminar. Accommodation may be provided at moderate level on first come first serve basis. However, we may guide the delegates for hotels as per their requirements in Meerut on self payment basis.
· Dr. Yogendra Kumar (Organizing Secretary)
Assistant Professor, Institute of Legal Studies
Mobile No: 9058995499 / 8279761998
· Prof. Dinesh Kumar (Seminar Convener)
· Ma. Kanshi Ram Shodh Peeth (Director)
Mobile No- 9412745595