Ramaiah College of Law is organising Two Day national Seminar on Teaching methodology of Commercial Law in the Context of Social Justice" scheduled to be held on 8th and 9th September, 2018.
We are also organising, first of its kind, "CURRICULUM DRAFTING COMPETITION" for students, teachers and others who feel that there is a need to reconsider the existing curriculum of commercial law in the context of social justice and too better reach the objective of Legal Education.
This shall be followed by the panel session in under the chairmanship and guidance of Prof. Dr. Madhava Menon, the pioneer of Legal Education. The discussion and suggestions submitted will be compiled and forwarded to concerned authority for their consideration.
SCHEME OF THE SEMINAR
To provide a platform to the students, faculty, lawyers and other academicians/researchers to share their critical perspectives.
PRESENTATION OF CURRICULUM – The draft curriculums shall be presented by the participants as part of the Curriculum Drafting Competition.
PANEL SESSION- An opportunity to discuss and deliberate in furtherance of the suggestions made during curriculum drafting and research paper presentation. To formulate a working curriculum and provide suggestions on the pedagogy and evaluation appropriate to the proposed curriculum.
- PAPER PRESENTATION
Theme: Teaching methodology of commercial law in the context of social justice
Objective: To understand the purpose of Legal Education and how each subject must be understood to achieve social justice.
Sub Themes: Interdisciplinary/Multidisciplinary approach (with emphasis on social sciences and its interface with law)
- Pedagogy Competition law
- International Trade Law
- Intellectual Property Laws
- Company Law & Corporate Governance
- Clinical Legal Education and Corporate Lawyering
The topics are suggestive and the participants are encouraged to contribute papers on any of the related area covering the objective and purpose of the seminar.
- The Participants are required to submit an abstract not exceeding 500 words. Analysis or conclusion of the author. (It’s requested that the author may leave aside the introduction genera facts to the topic, which can be included in the full paper.
- The abstracts are to be accompanied by the details of the author/co-author.
- Font Style: Times New Roman
- Font Size: 12 (Main Text); 10 (Footnotes)
- Line Spacing: 1.5 (Main Text); 1 (Footnotes)
- Margin: 1” on all sides
- Citation Style: Bluebook 20th Edition
- File Name: Name of Author + Title of Paper File
- Format: .Doc/.docs/
- The shortlisted candidates shall be intimated via E-mail (25 July 2018).
- Original articles, satisfying the requirements shall be shortlisted for publication as a Book. Manuscripts under this category should be 4000-6000 words dealing with an issue indepth with appropriate methodology and demonstrating a comparatively higher level of analysis.
- Co-authorship of papers (maximum two) among individuals of same or different institutions is permissible.
- The presenters will present their papers before a panel of experts who shall adjudge the paper presentations.
- The participants may adopt any suitable means for presenting the papers including audiovisual aids and Power Point presentations.
- The presenters at the Conference will be issued a certificate of participation and a certificate of presentation of research paper.
Last date for Abstract Submission: 20th July 2018
Last Date for communication of acceptance of abstract: 25th July 2018
Last date for submission of full paper: 15th August 2018
Last date for registration along with the Demand Draft: 1st August 2018
Date of Seminar: 8th & 9th September 2018
The abstract and full paper must be mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject addressed as “Abstract for seminar-2018” and “full paper for seminar-2018”
Guidelines for the competition:
Participants are expected to draft the curriculum keeping in mind, the rationale and the purpose of the curriculum. One of the core rationale of a curriculum in legal education is to ensure and achieve the ends of justice. It must ensure that there must be a balance of learning in the interest of social interests and individual interest(s). The following components must be included while formulating the curriculum:
- Objective of learning (including Goal)/Course Objectives
- Learning Outcome
- Time Frame
- Suggested Reading Materials (includes essential and additional reading)
Last Date for Registration along with the Demand Draft: 1st August, 2018
Last date for Submission of Curriculum: 15th August, 2018
Without accommodation: 1000 INR
With Accommodation: 2000 INR
Academicians & Others:
Without accommodation: 2000 INR
With Accommodation: 3000INR
The registration fees with /without accommodation) must be drawn in favor of “The Principal, M.S. Ramaiah College of law” payable Bangalore. The scanner copy shall be mailed to email@example.com and posted to the below address.
- Rhea Roy Mammen (Assistant Professor (Law)), Email: firstname.lastname@example.org,Mob: 9496327327.
- Sangeetha Murali (Assistant Professor (Law)), email@example.com, Mob: 7349364885.
- Th. Nanaomacha (Assistant Professor (Law)), firstname.lastname@example.org, Mob: 8861449334.
Ramaiah College of Law
MSRIT campus MSRIT Nagar,
MSR Post office-560054
Ph: 080- 23602926 / 65708015 / 23606909