Society for the Advancement of Animal and Environmental Welfare, Friends Beyond Species (National Law University Odisha, Cuttack) will be hosting the first of its kind conference in collaboration with Humane Society International India on Animal and Environmental Welfare with specific emphasis on Wildlife Conservation and Emerging Trends on 25th - 26th September, 2018.
As a pioneering venture the Journal for Animal and Environmental Welfare (JAELW) will also be launched at the aforementioned event publishing the shortlisted research papers.
In pursuance of this the Society for the Advancement of Animal and Environmental Welfare (NLUO) hereby invites your valued contributions for the 1st Issue of the mentioned journal in the form of research papers.
Theme: Wildlife Conservation and Sustainability:
1. Human-wildlife interactions: Does conservation lead to conflict?
2. Community Conservation: A critical tool for wildlife protection
3. Environmental Entrepreneurship as a tool for livelihood of local communities and conservation
4. Illegal Wildlife Trade: Technology enables policing and traceability
5. Role of citizen science in wildlife management
6. Institutional governance and legal requirements for co-existence
7. Live elephant trade in India: Legal and Illegal
8. Use of social science in wildlife conservation
9. Zoo: Wildlife Conservation or Violation of Animal Rights
10. Wildlife Crimes and Law: International Accords and Treaties
11. National Policy and Legal Framework to curb wildlife trade
12. Tourism Industry, Environment and Wildlife - Impact and Legal Challenges
· Last date for Abstract submission: 20th August, 2018
· Intimation to authors (short listing of abstracts): 23rd August, 2018
· Last date for payment of registration fee: 1st September, 2018
Last date for final paper submission: 16 September, 2018; 23:59 hours
Submissions may be in the form of Articles (3,500-6,000 words).
The word count is exclusive of footnotes. The body of the manuscript should be in Times New Roman, size 12 with 1.5 spacing.
The footnotes should be in Times New Roman, size 10 with single spacing. Submissions must conform to the OSCOLA format of citation and include a 250 word abstract that briefly summarises the paper.
The last date for submission of abstract is 20th August, 2018
The last date for submission of complete paper is 16th September, 2018.
Submissions are to be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading 'Volume I JAELW Submission'.
The e-mail should indicate which sub-theme the paper is intended for. Further, it should also contain the name of the author, qualifications, title of the manuscript and contact information.
Please note that no information that could identify the author should be included in the manuscript. Co-authorship is allowed.
Registration fee and details
· For Students (Single Author) - Rs 700; Co-authorship - Rs 1200
· For Academicians/Professionals (Single Author) - Rs 1000; Co-authorship - Rs 1500
1. Candidates who only want to attend the conference, can get themselves registered by sending a mail at email@example.com along with some essential details (Name, University's Name, Contact details) latest by 23 August 2018 (23:59 hours) Registration Fee (for candidates who only want to attend the conference)- Rs 400
Accommodation: Rs 500 per day / per head
Mode of Payment will be conveyed to the participants after the short listing of abstracts is done.
For submissions and/or queries, write to us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Meghna Lal (Convener): 9406955452
Ayushi Hatwal (Co-convener): 8763276308