The National Seminar envisages a platform for young researchers, both students and faculty members, Jurists, Members of NGOs and other intellectuals from all over the country to come together to emanate and enhance an in depth understanding of reformative laws relating to Gender Justice in India. The quintessence of this seminar lies in the pragmatic comprehension of the contemporary scenario. Measures need to be taken to eliminate the omnipresent disease of gender based discrimination and ultimately uplift our society and laws to be at par with the international standards.
This is a small ‘CNLU initiative’ to make this country a better place to live in.
CALL FOR PAPERS:
We cordially invite academicians, researchers, student research scholars to submit their research papers on the sub-themes to be covered in different technical sessions during the National Seminar. Interested participants may submit soft copy of the abstracts and full papers to the organizing committee at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Feminine Jurisprudence and Gender Bias Laws in India
- The Criminal Law (Amendment) Ordinance, 2018: A Critical Analysis.
- Prohibiting Sexual Harassment at Work Place.
- Gender Based Wage Gap.
- Rights of a Rape Survivor.
- Women Rights in India: Concurrence with International Convention.
- Genesis of Increasing Crime and Atrocities Against Women
- Women Empowerment
- Rights of the Girl Child and Safeguards.
- Surrogacy Rights (Rights to Surrogate Mothers).
- Justice J S Verma Committee Report: What Have Been Left Untouched?
- Marital Rape under IPC.
- Section 377: Fit or Unfit.
- Misuse of Gender Biased Laws in India.
- Overlapping Offences and Other Inconsistencies in Indian Criminal Legal System.
- Revisiting the Medical Termination of Pregnancy Act, 1971.
** You can submit research papers on any other topic related to the theme.
GUIDELINES FOR SUBMISSION:
- Word limit for the Abstracts is 250 – 300 words.
- Word limit for the Full Paper is 3000 – 4000 words.
- The Abstract and Full Papers are to be sent as a MS Word Document.
- Font Style should be in ‘Times New Roman’.
- A uniform Font Size ‘12’ should be maintained, for footnotes Font Size ‘10’is to be maintained.
- Text Alignment should be ‘Justified’.
- Line Spacing should be ‘1.5’.
- The footnoting in submissions (Full Papers) should be in the ILI citation style.
**Plagiarized submissions will be subject to disqualification.
**In case of any aberration from the aforementioned guidelines the organising committee shall reserve the right of disqualification.
PROCEDURE FOR SUBMISSION OF ABSTRACTS:
Your Abstract should be sent as an attachment in a word file. Abstracts will be peer reviewed before they are accepted. The following information, in the given format, should be send along with the Abstract: -
- Name of the Participant/participants
- Official Designation/Institution Details
- Address and Email id
- Title of Abstract
The subject line of your message should read: ‘Abstract Submission for National Seminar on Feminine Jurisprudence and Gender Bias Laws in India’.
PROCEDURE FOR PAPER SUBMISSION:
The title of the paper should be followed by-
- Name of the Participant(s).
- Official Designation.
- Name of the Organisation / University / Institution Details.
- Address of the Organisation / University / Institution
- Email address.
Selected Papers (after peer reviewing*) from the seminar shall be published in the form of a book containing ISBN Number.
- Students/Research Scholars Presentation : Rs. 500
- Faculties/Professionals Presentation : Rs. 1000
- On the Spot Registration (for Student’s Presentation) : Rs. 1000
- On the Spot Registration (for Faculties/Professional Presentation): Rs. 1500
**On the spot registration for presentation will be subject to your submission of abstract and full paper on time.
**Co-authors have to register separately.
**Certificates shall be issued to the registered Co-authors even if one author presents the paper.
METHOD OF SUBMISSION:
All Full Paper submissions for the seminar have to be electronically mailed with the subject column as ‘Submission of Full Paper for the National Seminar on Feminine Jurisprudence and Gender Bias Laws in India’ and a hard copy along with the Registration form and Bank Draft (PAYMENT DETAILS: Demand Draft to be drawn in favour of Registrar, Chanakya National Law University, Patna payable at Patna) is to be sent by post at the following address;
Chanakya National Law University
Nyaya Nagar, Mithapur, Patna- 800001
- Submission of Abstract: 26th August, 2018
- Confirmation of abstract selection: 30th August, 2018
- Registration: On or before 15th September, 2018
- Submission of FULL paper: 15th September, 2018
- Date of Seminar: 29th September, 2018