Details of the events:
Centre for Advocacy and Research in Environment and Animal Protection of National University of Study and Research in Law, Ranchi is organising a 2 Day Conference on ‘Environment Protection and Animal Rights’ on September 8th and 9th, 2018.
About the Conference
The Conference on Environment Protection and Animal Rights focuses on creating a campus-wide conversation providing an opportunity to students, academicians, law professionals among others to put forward their research and share their knowledge on wide range of topic relating to environment, animal rights and other related subjects. The conference also brings public speakers of the highest knowledge and experience to our campus to share their thoughts and ideas.
The purpose of the conference is to provoke discussion and debate about a range of topics and including subjects like energy sustainability and the value of wealth, or prevention of cruelty to animals. The agenda is kept deliberately broad and the discussions are intended to be accessible to a general audience. The conference program offers high-level content relevant not only to students but also to advocates, policy advisors, academics, judicial officers and a range of non-government organizations.
Through this initiative, we want our students and faculty to develop a broader perspective of their responsibility to society and to give them an opportunity to listen to experience, researches and findings of our esteemed panel of speakers, guests, academicians as well as students.The conference will also provide a unique opportunity for lawyers and associated professional members in the region to exchange insights, explore current policy and practice issues, and exposure to a professional network of colleagues with shared interests and expertise.
Call for Papers
The conference is hosted on the bank of the Jamuna River and the beautiful city of Ranchi. The conference will examine a range of cross-border issues in environmental law and animal rights, including:
- Cruelty to Animal, Animal Sacrifices and Role of State.
- Protection of Marine Animal Resources.
- Medical Experiments on Animals: Issues and Challenges.
- Animal Rights and Ethical concerns.
- Animals and Sports
- Animals, Industries and the Laws
- Wildlife and Biodiversity
- Environmental legislation, regulation and sustainability
- Environmental Pollution : Growing menace and effect on health
- Mining and Environmental Degradation
- Urban Planning, resource efficiency and Waste management
- Hazardous Waste and Environmental impact
- Carbon Economy and Carbon Neutrality.
- Deserts and Desertification
Who Can Attend
All interested legal professionals, academicians, research scholars and students are invited to submit papers and participate in the conference.
- Papers should be written in English, the working language of the conference will be English and the presentations shall be done in English and English only.
- Co-authorship is permitted, subject to a limit of maximum two authors per submission.
- Author Name, University/Organization, Paper Title, Email Address and Mobile Number, to be stated clearly on the cover page of the paper.
- The text should be in Times New Roman, font size 12, spacing 1.5. The footnotes should be in Times New Roman, font size 10 with single spacing.
- One inch margins on all sides should be maintained.
- ILI citation format shall be followed.
- No part of the paper should have been published earlier nor should it be under consideration for publication. Any form of plagiarism will result in immediate disqualification.
- Participants & selected paper presenters (including author and co-author) will be required to fill out the form which will be send through email after intimation of selection of paper or upon request for participation in the conference.
- In case of co-authorship at least one author must attend the conference to present the paper.
- The registration fee needs to be paid latest by 25thAugust 2018.
- Publication of papers submitted will be subject to the scrutiny of the editorial board.
Abstract: Not more than 350 words
Research Paper: 4000 – 6000 words
Last Date for Abstract Submissions: 16th July 2018
Last date for final Paper submission: 15th August 2018
Last Date for payment of fees: 25th August 2018
E-mail id for Submissions: email@example.com
All the Participants will be informed about acceptance and selection of their paper through email. The selected participants must register their names by email communication to any one of the student coordinators by 22nd August 2018 latest by 5:00 PM.
Registration Fee & Payment details:
- Students (Independent): 1000
- Students (co-Authors) : 1500
- Others (Independent Authors): 1400
- Others (co-Author): 2200
- On-Spot Registration:
- Students: 1500
- Others: 2500
- Only Participants: 500
Note: Accommodation and dinner will be provided to participants at an extra payment of Rs. 500 per day/ per person.
Payment will be accepted only By Demand Draft in favour of “Registrar NUSRL, Ranchi”.
The Demand Draft should be sent to: Convener, CARE-AP, National University of Study and Research in Law, Pithoria Road, Bukru, Kanke, Ranchi, Jharkhand, 834006.
Submit the scanned copy of Demand Draft through Official Email Id: firstname.lastname@example.org
Madhusraba Mohanty, Email: email@example.com , Ph. +91-7992297933
Chakradhari Shubham, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Ph. +91-7763933053