Trillanes appeals Makati court's arrest warrant, hold departure order


11/10/2018

Rappler


             

afp-trillanes-arrest-2_EE542C30117A4BB3B4C78441737856EC.jpg

Opposition Senator Antonio Trillanes IV filed an omnibus motion for reconsideration, after Makati Regional Trial Court Branch 150 issued an arrest warrant and a hold departure order (HDO) against the lawmaker. In his appeal submitted October 1, Trillanes argued that Branch 150 should "vacate and/or set aside" the September 25 order granting the Department of Justice's plea for the issuance of an arrest warrant and HDO for lack of legal and factual basis. "The accused...most respectfully moves and prays of this Honarable Court to [u]ltimately deny the prosecution's very urgent ex parte omnibus motion for lack of jurisdiction and/or of merit, pursuant to prevailing laws and/or jurisprudence," the appeal said. "[T]he instant case having been already dismissed through the Honorable Court's order dated September 7, 2011, which dismissal and/or termination of the case had already become final and executory nearly 7 years ago," it added. On September 25, Branch 150 Presiding Judge Elmo Alameda granted the DOJ's request, as he found that Trillanes "had failed to substantiate his claim" that he had filed for amnesty. The senator was unable to produce original documents and the defense department said it could not find his application in its records.